Tuesday 5 January 2016

20 posts, 1200 page views... The blog is 2 months old! #thankful

This blog started as a joke. I had started out on wordpress sometime in October 2015, I had wanted to buy my own domain till I found out that was not possible since I reside in Nigeria. Thing is wordpress doesn't accept payments from Nigeria because of cyber fraud that has become rampant in this part of the world. Imagine! Well, that's how I abandoned the wordpress platform.

Somehow, it was 1st of November 2015 and my birthday was the next day and I checked my bucket list and decided there and then to cross one more thing off that list. It was sometime around night time on that same day that I started this blog.
And now 2 months later I have had 1200 page views. The awesome thing is that I don't force the blog down people's throats. I don't litter my twitter and fb with posts from the blog.  

I don't take all these support for granted. It means the world to me that you visit the blog and read all that I put up. It means a whole lot to me that you refer my blog to your friends. I promise to keep my word to not lift stories from other blogs and to bring you original content. I want to use this medium to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone who has visited the blog in the past 2 months. You all motivate me. I hope to post regularly and to post things that I find that you like. 

Also, happy new year rebels. I wish that all your dreams come true. My new year happened in the village. I dressed up to mark the occasion. Peep some pictures of me below.


My kid sister takes bad ass pictures. You like? It is cool I went home for one essential reason- I got to meet with members of my extended family that I had not seen in ages and see where they at. It has birthed a new desire in me to be successful. I have to make it as a lot of people look up to me. Everybody I met with over the course of the holiday wanted to know if I was working yet. I realise now that I have no excuse not to make it. 

I look forward to accomplishing better things with all of you in this new year. Thank you once again for your presence on my blog. The lagos rebel is here to serve. Don't forget the blog is all about lagos. If you run a club/ hotel/ restaurant and you will like me to come around and review your place you could send me an email via jay.uncutdiamond@gmail.com so we can discuss further.

Happy New Year once again rebels. Xoxo,
The Lagos Rebel 😍 


No comments:

Post a Comment