Thursday 14 January 2016

New year motivation: Count Not Your Losses, Stay Thankful!

I always love to start the year on a clean slate so as soon as I got back from my home town, I decided to run a few tests at a hospital. I tested positive to typhoid and negative to malaria so I started treatment. During the course of treating my self I started having a major reaction to something and I started having tiny boil- like stuffs all around my arms, back, neck, laps and stomach. I felt horrible because my skin is my pride. I have soft, dark and almost spotless skin. Now imagine how sad I must feel. Plus I had made plans to go out more this year.
That was my main reason starting the blog, I was supposed to go out more and see Lagos. I was supposed to go out more and live life to the fullest. I had made arrangements to visit bbq and cravings tomorrow because of all I have heard of the place and also because I have been craving burgers of late but alas I won't be able to thanks to my current condition.

I felt abandoned up until the day before yesterday, my sister had gone to LUTH to support her friend whose mother was booked to undergo a major surgery because she had cervical cancer. My sister came back home visibly shaken. She said her friend's mother looked like a skeleton, her rib cage was protruding from her chest and her breasts were like slippers. She looked so slim and had little to no appetite. She reiterated that everybody in the room tried to be strong for her sake. 
She also told me that in that cancer ward the patients were grouped into three bays. Bay 1 contained patients with the highest chance of survival. Bay 2 contained patients with medium chance of survival while bay 3 contained patients waiting to die. Imagine! She said her friend's mother was in bay 1, now imagine how the other patients in bay 2 and 3 must look like. She added that right before her eyes a patient from bay 3 was rolled out in a plastic bag. what is this life? 
Sadly, my sister's friend's mother could not have her operation because an emergency came up, a 13 year old cancer patient had to be operated on. Again, what is this life? 

After my sister told me all of this, I realised just how blessed I was. I'm not tackling a terminal disease. I am eating. I am healthy. I have a lot to be thankful for.  So yeah, if live serves you lemons make one he'll of a lemonade.

I hope I am talking to someone. The devil will always come up with ways to fuck up your plans. Stay woke! Don't let him win. If you plan and it fails, that's not enough reason to question God, you are not going through the worst, just keep moving. I am a stronger person now because I have filled my mind with all sorts of positive vibes and I am very sure I will combat this infection or allergy. This will not keep me down!
Photo credit: first and third pictures were gotten off Google. 

Xoxo, 
The Lagos Rebel 😍 

No comments:

Post a Comment