Monday 2 November 2015

The place, Ikeja

I had told you that one other reason for this blog is to get around Lagos with a purpose. Well, yesterday I took my day one bitch(pardon my language) for lunch. This time because I had heard so much about the place, I decided that we converge there.

Look and feel: the restaurant has its own compound which serves as packing space. There are security guards manning the compound. From outside, you will notice the see through glass work that makes the restaurant look so cool.
Upon entering the restaurant itself, first thing that struck me was the red. Everywhere was red. Catchy colour if you ask me. Not that I mind. The place restaurant looks like a cafeteria. If you attended the University of Nigeria, Nsukka then you must be familiar with  C H I T I S. well, this place gives off that feel too.


Food Ratings: I ordered their chinese fried rice with curry chicken sauce, salad and plantain. My girlfriend, M, ordered spaghetti with plantain and peppered snails.
M's order

My order

My accompanied salad
Turned out that M was a regular at the place so she shed more light on their menu. I liked my meal. If I could change one thing, it would be the curry chicken sauce. The sauce was almost devoid of flavour. Other than that, I enjoyed the meal. The salad was my saving grace. It was everything.
I got to taste M's food and it was yummy. The snails we're everything.

Pricing: I can't complain. They have really affordable meals. Everything we ate plus a small carton of yoghurt and table water came down to #3300.

Conclusion: I had a pretty awesome day. I got to gossip with M about everything. I also discovered Isaac John Street, GRA, ikeja ( in case you are wondering, the restaurant is on number 45.) I would be visiting the area again because of all the cool spots there. They have yellow chilli, KFC, cold stone, oh la la and zen garden just to name a few places.
I apologise for the image quality of the pictures, I forgot the memory card of my camera at home so I couldn't shoot. I ended up using my phone.

Have you been to the place? What did you think about it? Feel free to drop a comment.

Xoxo,
The Lagos Rebel 😍

2 comments:

  1. Hope you had a great day?? Hope to visit soon..xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I had a great day and do visit soon I have a feeling you will thank me later. X

    ReplyDelete