Sunday 8 November 2015

Diary: We turned up for bae

Oh so yeah, yesterday happened.
My girl, M, clocked 23 yesterday and she hit me up quite late that we were going to party all night. I told my dad and he granted me permission to spend the night out. After all my house chores and obligations, I finally left for her house at Mary land.

I got lost. Don't get me wrong, I had been at her place several times but not in the last 3 years so you can just imagine. I arrived at the bus stop and got confused. Back then there used to be a filling station and an then three eateries residing in an open space so just imagine my shock when I got there and there was only Mr biggs and the once lively environment was a ghost town. Omg! I chartered a tricycle and had it take me different places including Isaac John Street in GRA all in tge bid to locate the gas station with three eateries. Lol. All this while, I couldn't reach my dear friend. Finally, after what seemed like ages, I got through to her and I got the right direction. Turned out that where I initially stopped was the right place afterall. Whew!

There was little time so I just got in a car with all her other friends and then we went to the mall at ikeja. I was a really distraught because I had thought we would have stopped by at a pre- arranged crib so I could change into my party wear. I ended up changing in the toilet at the mall. That was not cool but I just didn't want to ruin her day with an argument because she is my bitch and I love her. Up next we chilled at the rhapsody bar for a while. She bought drinks. Finally by a few minutes past 11, we headed for yet another bar.



Now, a friend of hers had agreed to host M at shaunz bar. Well, we were not early enough to participate in the karaoke. The host only provided a bottle of champagne for us. The place wasn't exactly what we had in mind but man did we let that dampen our mood? No. Did we turn up? Yes. M had an amazing time and at about 2am we left the venue. M had a friend who stayed on the island and so we slept over and later this morning, he drove us home.

Here is to wishing M an amazing 23rd birthday. I love you and I want the best things for you.

I was really glad that I could celebrate with M but this experience made me all aware of the fact that I practically know nowhere in Lagos. Lol. I promise to go out more and then give you first hand gist.

Xoxo,
The Lagos Rebel 😍

4 comments:

  1. My love!!!! Thank You 4 coming through.. Hope u had a little Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had tons of fun... why didn't I include that? It was my pleasure babe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah you have to make sure you are out more often. Your girl looks beautiful. Lovely dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? She killed it! Thanks for visiting the blog.

      Delete