Sunday 7 February 2016

Note to self: "I AM AMAZING... still"

Today I found out that this certain guy I had been dating some 2 years ago had actually been married all the time. Imagine.!
I have been crying ever since.

I met him in December 2013 in my hometown and we kicked things off from there. He wasn't my type as I love my men tall but I thought "who height don epp?" So I listened to my friends and decided to give him a chance.

Not long after I started dating him I started noticing stuff. He wasn't committed. He always seemed distracted and things he says don't add up. He wasn't the smartest man I have dated. We even reasoned differently. It also wasn't long till I figured he was a liar after catching him red - handed severally plus I suspected that the source of his wealth wasn't genuine so I called it quits in march 2014.
Since then I have been single.

Last December, he started buzzing me. I threw him off several times but finally decided to go see him. I found out he was still interested in me and all but I could tell he still hasn't changed. So today, I decided to research on him and guess what I found right there on Facebook? He is a married man and his wife is based in Texas. I have not stopped crying since then.

I have asked myself all the questions in the world but man does it hurt? Yes, it does! I have been messing around with a married man and none of his friends cared to let me know. Maybe I was too good.
Right now, I have decided to take solace in God and not to question Him. This won't stop me from finding true love. But I admit this has changed everything for me. I don't think I can trust again. Really. Again, I thank God for the wisdom He bestowed upon me to unravel this mystery and I ask Him to wipe away my tears and fill me with happiness.
I deserve to be happy.
I have worked too hard on myself to let this cheat steal my joy.
I am in a dark place today but I shall rise.

Here's wishing you rebels a wonderful Monday. My prayer for you is that God will expose all the fake people in your life. I also pray that you never get to waste quality time on someone undeserving of your affection.

Xoxo,
The Lagos Rebel 😍

2 comments: