Friday 12 February 2016

MEET THE BRAND: Nawtimilly (the multi Award winning video vixen)

We all love to watch TV. Most times we like to tune into any of the several music channels available. We love watching our favourite songs come alive before our very eyes.
What many of us don't know is the intensive collective effort that goes into creating a sound music video. There's the producer, often times there is the music video director, there is a make up crew, there are professional dancers and there are video vixens as well as friends who come out to show support to the artiste.
Recently I got one of the foremost Nigerian video vixens to grant me an interview. She is a renowned professional dancer. She has been in almost every music video. Do give it up for the one, the only,  the delectible, NAWTIMILLY!! Stick around for the interview to get the scoop on all that we talked about.
TLR : hi nawtimilly, what is your full name and where are you from?
: my name is John Precious Nneka and I am from Agbor in Delta state.

TLR : Do you wish to disclose your age?
: lol, not really but I am in my early 20s. I was born on June 3rd.

After that I asked her what growing up was like for her and asked her what fond memories she would like to share with her fans. She had this to say.
"Mehn, it was tough for me oh. Life isn't a bed of roses." She also added that she was once a class rep. She says it was a very challenging position because she was the smallest and shortest person in her class but quickly added that it was fun but scary.
TLR : let's talk about your profession, you get paid to dance. Aren't you lucky? How did it all start out for you?
: trust it was not that easy. Growing up I never had it in mind to be a dancer people see on TV, it's just something I love doing naturally but then God decided it's going to be part of what would give me money.
I am lucky and happy that my first start in the industry was good my first 5 videos were with A list artistes. Skelewu by Davido was my first followed closely by Jaiye Jaiye (wiz kid), pay as you go  (ketchup), bad girl (Jesse jags) and bombay by wizkid.

TLR : so how many videos have you done so far?
: hmm... can't say though. 50, 100 *laughs*

TLR  : wow! Okay. I know you are in a group, how did that happen?
: No, I am not in a group. I am a solo dance artiste. I own a dance school for all ages to come learn how to dance.

TLR  : my bad. What is the name of your dance school and how can one be a part of it?
: PDA (Precious Dance Academy) and it is located in Magodo.

TLR  : They get to pay a fee right?
: Sure. Dance lessons cost #25000 per every 2 months.

TLR : what would you consider to be your greatest challenge as a professional dancer?
: my greatest challenge as a dancer... hmm... There are quite a few but most of all is the pay.

TLR : What about the payment?
: it is not as good as it should be.

TLR  : too bad, our entertainment industry is not very structured. What are your top 3 videos ever where you have performed as a professional dancer?
: Uhm, that should be  falila kitan by olamide, wonder by wizkid and go gaga by mc galaxy.

TLR  : so how decorated are you as a dancer?
: So far, I have won 3 awards.
TLR  : what do you have to say to your fans?
: I will like to say a big thank you to all of them. I will always make you proud. You have been very awesome.

TLR  : where do you see yourself in the next 3 years?
: married and raising my children. lol.

TLR  : Last one, are you in a relationship?
: yes, I am in a very serious relationship.

TLR :  thank you so much for taking out time to answer my questions.
: you are welcome dear.

It was an exciting interview. It is not hard to see why she is getting a positive buzz. Nawtimilly is so down to earth and very accommodating. She is really one to watch. It was a pleasure having her around.
Expect more interviews in the coming months. Also rebels, feel free to drop whatever your thoughts are about the interview.
And it's a wrap! Bye for now.

Xoxo,
The Lagos Rebel 😍

2 comments: