Monday 30 May 2016

Sweet Kiwi... A self service centre that is worth the hype

Seriously, everybody I know that lives in Lekki has once tried to get me to visit sweet Kiwi or has mentioned it to me in passing. So yeah it kind of stuck in my head. So every time I left the office with my boss I always kind of passed there if we are heading to ikoyi. Two words will pop in my head... sweet. Kiwi.

Two things got to make me want to go in: the beautiful exterior and the fact that they supposedly sold only yoghurt which were supposedly healthier as they contained lesser calories. This is something that they promote, more like their pitch.

So on Thursday while going home with M, we decided to branch off and check out the place.

INTERIOR DECORATION: it has a very colorful inside with the main popping colours being pink and green set in a white background.  It really makes you want to eat something cold though.


STAFF: they had very friendly staff who didn't mind that we just about tried every single flavour they had available.  And they also gave us advice on which one would go best with which one. Aren't they just witches, like how did they guess our plight?lol


THE YOGHURT EXPERIENCE: after tasting all the flavours they had to offer, we got out our cups and proceeded to serve ourselves... I had just about three flavours... I had the Greek yoghurt with the zobo yoghurt and one that I can't remember while motun had the coco yam yoghurt with several others that I just cannot comprehend why she went for. Overall, we packed on a sizeable quantity.  Up next we went for the toppings! I had some Kiwi, grapes, waffle sticks, and m&m candy while motun had waffle sticks, oreos, I think grapes and a host of other things.  Lol.

Mine is the colorful one on the left...
Finally, our yoghurt went on a scale and our price was given to us which we duly paid for. I ate mine in the car and what can I say? I became a believer. It was heavenly. All my flavours blended perfectly and I finished mine before I got to oshodi.
As for M, she didn't like hers so much.  She complained that hers tasted bitter. Too bad. Maybe it was the oreos.  But overall, we agreed it was  a worthy treat that we would happily indulge in next time.

CON: I hated that there was no room for transparency as we never got to see how they arrived at their price.  It would be good if we saw the weight and the price ourselves.

DAMAGE DONE: both cups of yoghurt came down to #4350... not bad.

I recommend you give sweet Kiwi a try. It is a place for everybody. Have you been to sweet Kiwi? Please don't forget to drop your comments.

PS: I asked for a back shot. My beloved friend Motun  took this. Does this qualify as a back shot girl? I give up on her photographing skills. I love you still honey.


Yours truly,
The Lagos Rebel 😍

4 comments:

  1. I want...we are going there soonest 😐

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noted... I bet you would so love the experience. Thanks for your continuous support baby girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love I love I love

    ReplyDelete